I love a good frugal banana loaf! Not only is it super easy and cheap to make, it’s also healthy and uses up leftover bananas that might otherwise be thrown out. So here is my favourite frugal banana loaf recipe.
The most awesome banana loaf
You know those recipes that the whole family just absolutely loves? Well this is one of our well loved family favourites. It contains no added sugar, lots of fruit and tastes so good with a decent spread of butter.
It’s very cheap and easy to make and uses up any leftover brown bananas you have. They are also dairy free and vegan.. so yeah this really is an awesome banana loaf!
- 1 Cup of chopped dried dates
- 1 Cup of water
- 2 Cups of self raising flour
- 1 Cup of mashed banana
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Handful of raisins or sultana's (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine the dates with the water in a saucepan. Cook over a low heat stirring for 2 minutes. Increase your heat to medium and bring the dates to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Add all the other ingredients into the date mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
This is a great way to eat up old brown bananas to save them from going in the bin.
Amount Per Serving Calories 250Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gSodium 302mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 4gSugar 24gProtein 5g
Looking for more banana recipes then why not try these banana pancakes.