This delicious flatbread recipe is so quick and easy to make you’ll wonder why you never made them before!
Delicious easy flatbread recipe
We love making homemade kebabs with these flatbreads! Not only does it save us so much money by saving us from a takeaway, they’re also healthier too. We can use up anything we have leftover in the fridge or freezer to add to them. This recipe uses no yeast and you should have most of the ingredients already in your kitchen.
I actually made these flatbreads yesterday and I made a double batch to use the leftovers as mini pizzas and sandwich wraps. We can’t get enough of them!
- 2 cups of self-raising flour (I used brown for added fibre)
- Pinch of salt for flavour (optional)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of yogurt (I used soya yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Plain flour for dusting your surface
- Mix all the ingredients together with a dough hook. If you don't have a dough hook just use a spoon until it forms a ball then use your hands to knead the dough until it's soft and pliable. The dough should be soft but not sticky, if it's sticky add some more flour.
- Pop your dough on a floured surface and cut into 8 sections. Roll each of these sections into a ball. One at a time roll out the balls of dough to around 5mm deep.
- Heat a frying pan to medium high and place a flatbread in the pan. It should only take between 1 and 2 minutes for the flatbread to start developing little bubbles on top. Flip over the flatbread and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side. Pop it on a plate, cover with a clean towel and continue with the rest of the flatbreads.
- These flatbreads taste so good still warm but will also be great the following day.
*You could also use 2 cups of plain flour mixed with 1 tablespoon of baking powder if you don't have self-raising.
*If you don't have yogurt you could try milk (or dairy free milk) instead.
Amount Per Serving Calories 203 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 395mg Carbohydrates 36g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 5g