If you’re anything like me then you’ll love a sweet breakfast treat. But often sweet breakfast treats don’t tend to be too healthy. This is where these delicious banana pancakes come in! With only 3 ingredients they’re not only healthy and super simple to make but also vegan too!
Banana pancakes recipe
I’m a huge fan of simple, healthy recipes. In fact the less time, ingredients and utensils used the better in my opinion. That’s why I absolutely love these pancakes.
My children pester me for these every weekend and they are that simple to make in around 30 minutes that I have no problem making them.
These pancakes are a great way to use up over ripe brown bananas that are a little past their best. In fact the more ripe the banana the sweeter your pancakes will be.
Mash your banana
To make these pancakes vegan we’ve completely skipped out the eggs in the recipe. The banana acts as the binder so it’s best to get the banana as smooth as possible.
The amount of bananas you use depends on their size, try to aim for about 1 medium eggs worth of mashed banana.
I like to start by mashing my bananas with a fork and then proceeding to whisk it up with my electric whisk. If you don’t mind a few banana lumps in your batter then you could skip this step.
Add your flour and dairy free milk
Add your flour and milk into your mashed banana and stir or whisk until you have a smooth batter.
Leave your batter for around 5 minutes to rest.
While you wait you can begin heating up your frying pan.
Cooking your banana pancakes
Once your frying pan has heated up you’ll need around a tablespoon of batter for each pancake.
You should be able to fit around 3 pancakes into your frying pan, this is usually enough for one person.
When you see bubbles appear in the top of your pancake it’s time to flip it. Once flipped cook for another 1-2 minutes until delicious and golden.
I absolutely love to serve our pancakes with a selection of fresh berries, dairy free yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe! If you have any comments you can leave them below this article. Or you can contact us here.
- 1 -2 Bananas (depending on size)
- 1 Cup self raising flour or wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 Cup of dairy free milk of choice (or regular milk if you're not dairy free)
- Start by mashing up your banana until smooth. I like to give mine an initial mash with the back of a fork before getting the whisk in and making it super smooth. If you don't mind a few banana lumps then you could skip the whisk.
- Add your flour and milk into the mashed banana and give it a really good whisk.
- Leave your mixture to one side while you heat up your frying pan over a high heat.
- I like to use an oil spray like frylight to coat the base of my pan although you could use a light wipe of oil.
- Using a tablespoon grab your pancake batter and place 3 spoonfuls in your frying pan. Cook for around 1-2 minutes.
- When bubbles start to form on the top and its starting to look cooked around the edges flip your pancakes. Cook for about another minute to two minutes until the bottom is golden.
- Serve with fruit, yogurt or you're favourite pancake toppings!
Amount Per Serving Calories 102Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 259mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 3g